· Players entering 1st or 2nd grade, OR
· Players entering 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th grade
· For players entering 1st and 2nd grade, practices will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and games will be held on Saturdays and Sundays (times TBD by league commissioner). Fall ball practice will begin the 2nd week of August and games will begin the week of August 28 and end the week of October 3, 2022. There will be a 10 game schedule (no games Labor Day Weekend).
· For players entering 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th grade the schedule will be determined by the Chicago Suburban Youth Baseball Association (CYSBA).
· Players entering 1st and 2nd grade will play all of their games in Lombard against other in-house teams using Junior AA Rules.
· Players entering 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grades will play other towns in the CYSBA. Some games will be in Lombard and others will be in neighboring towns.
· Fees for fall ball are $125 if your child played in the Spring LBL baseball season. Fees are $150 if your child did not play spring LBL baseball. There is not a fundraising requirement for fall baseball.
· Contact Mike Ruzycki, In-House Fall Ball Director.
The mission of Lombard Baseball League is to provide a safe and competitive environment for young players to learn and enjoy the game of baseball. We are committed to providing all players with an experience that fosters positive self-esteem, team spirit and individual growth through personal achievement and team play. We are dedicated to teaching baseball fundamentals and life skills through good sportsmanship, leadership, positive coaching, and peer and parent communications.
Our next General Assembly meeting will be held on Thursday, August 18. Location and time TBD. All are welcome to attend!
Register to tryout for the 2023 Lombard Lightning full-time travel teams. Tryouts will be on Tuesday, July 12, 2022.
TRYOUT SCHEDULE: There are no make-up dates- you must attend the tryout date or conduct an approved private tryout
Tuesday, July 12th - Sunset Knoll Park fields 25 & 26
9U & 10U: 5:30-7pm
11U & 12U: 7:15-9pm
Tuesday, July 12th - Southland Park field 21
Tuesday, July 12th - Madison Meadows field 17
14U & 15U: 6-8pm
Tuesday, July 12th - Madison Meadows field 18
16U, 17U & 18U: 4-6pm
“Our kids have loved participating in LBL for the last 5 years. They have played in-house Spring Ball, Fall Ball, Thunder and Lightning and have enjoyed each season thoroughly! Throughout the years we as a family have made great friends and so have our sons. We look forward to many more years of baseball with the LBL.”
— LOMBARD PARENT
Every year our corporate partners help us reach over one thousand families in the greater Lombard area. Their generous support ensures positive outcomes for our players, families, and volunteers alike.